Monday, October 6, 2014

2014

Welcome to the second year of HubrisWeen. Late last September the idea hit me--I could review 26 movies in alphabetical order in October as a way to try and get increased audience for Checkpoint Telstar, my nearly zero-reader cult movie blog. Starting on October 6 with Alligator, I was able to post one review every morning through the end of the month. The marathon succeeded in getting more page views, but it was a gigantic amount of effort in a very short time and I'd decided that it was essentially a failed experiment; I wasn't planning on doing another marathon for 2014.

And then three friends from the B movie scene got in touch with me, planning to do their own HubrisWeen marathons and asking for tips. So I resolved to get back in the saddle, and together with Yes, I Know and The Terrible Claw Reviews, we will march forward into a month of monsters, madmen, ghouls and gasps. And a couple of movies that suck on toast, but even those serve as a palate cleanser in the middle of the feast. That's what we're telling ourselves, anyway.

Best wishes to Micro-Brewed Reviews, whose author had to drop out of the challenge unexpectedly. Next time, amigo.

And now, the master list. As the links become available I'll be posting them here in alphabetical order by film. This year I'm overjoyed that there are twice as many reviews for me to read as there were to write. With luck.

A:
The Alligator People
Attack of the Aztec Mummy
Attack of the Crab Monsters

B:
The Bay
Beast of Blood
The Boogens

C:
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Crocodile
The Curse of Frankenstein

D:
Dangerous Seductress
Dead Snow
Dog Soldiers

E:
Equinox
The Eye
Eyes Without a Face

F:
Feast
Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster

From Hell It Came

G:
Galaxy of Terror
Godzilla (2014)
The Golem

H:
The Haunted Strangler
The H-Man
House on Haunted Hill

I:
I Walked With a Zombie
Incident at Loch Ness
The Innkeepers

J:
Jason Goes to Hell:  The Final Friday
Jason X
J.D.'s Revenge

K:
Kiss of the Vampire
Knights of Badassdom
Konga

L:
Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds
Let's Scare Jessica to Death
The Living Skeleton

M:
Man Bites Dog
Maniac
Matango, Fungus of Terror

N:
The Nest
Nosferatu, the Vampyre
Not of This Earth

O:
Oculus
The Omen
Orgy of the Dead

P:
ParaNorman
Please Don't Eat My Mother!
The People Who Own the Dark

Q:
Quarantine
Quatermass and the Pit
The Queen of Black Magic

R:
[REC]
Return of the Blind Dead
Rogue

S:
Schlock
Shanks
Slumber Party Massacre II

T:
Targets
The Thing (2011)
Troll Hunter

U:
Undead
The Untold Story
Up From the Depths

V:
Vampire Circus
Velvet Vampire
Viy

W:
We're Going to Eat You
Wolfen
The Woman in Black

X:
Xtro
Xtro II:  The Second Encounter
Xtro II:  The Second Encounter

Y:
The Year of the Sex Olympics
The Yellow Sign
You're Next

Z:
Zombieland
Zombies of Mora Tau
Zombies on Broadway

No comments:

Post a Comment